Carew Castle, Pembrokeshire



«Previous«
»Next»
The present structure of Carew Castle was built by Sir Nicholas de Carew in the 13th Century. The last tournament of knights in Wales was held here by Sir Rhys ap Thomas in 1507, with over 600 knights attending. After changing hands several times it reverted to the de Carews and was finally abandoned in 1686.
Image Name: 2016-08-29_16-08-44
Index Page:
File Name:2016-08-29_16-08-44
Index PageCastles..Carew
Date2016-08-29 16:08:44
Description
CountyPembrokeshire
CountryCymru/Wales
CopyrightCopyright 2016 Kenvyn and Debbie Davies
Tags 12th Century 13th Century 2005 2012 2016 Carboniferous Limestone Carew Carew Castle Castle Cymru Gerald de Windsor Historic Buildings Landmark Millpond Nikon D750 Norman Castle Outdoors Pembrokeshire River Ruins Site of Special Scientific Interest Tamron SP 15-30mm F2.8 Di VC USD Tudor Wales Wales/Cymru
CameraNikon D750
LensTAMRON SP 15-30mm F2.8 Di VC USD A012N 
Focal Length30mm
Focal Length (35mm)30mm
Shutter Speed1/250
Aperturef/9.0
ISO Speed100

Image location