Gloucester Cathedral, 2012

Gloucester Cathedral, or the Cathedral Church of St. Peter and the Holy and Indivisible Trinity - as it stands today - was started in 1089 by Robert de Losinga, Bishop of Hereford. Originally an abbey, it was refounded as a cathedral by King Henry Viii in 1541. It's difficult to say when the cathedral was completed as it was added to for centuries after it's founding. The tower - for example - was started in 1450.

Gloucester Cathedral, or the Cathedral Church of St. Peter and the Holy and Indivisible Trinity - as it stands today - was started in 1089 by Robert de Losinga, Bishop of Hereford. Originally an abbey, it was refounded as a cathedral by King Henry Viii in 1541. It's difficult to say when the cathedral was completed as it was added to for centuries after it's founding. The tower - for example - was started in 1450.
«Previous«
»Next»
Gloucester Cathedral, or the Cathedral Church of St. Peter and the Holy and Indivisible Trinity - as it stands today - was started in 1089 by Robert de Losinga, Bishop of Hereford. Originally an abbey, it was refounded as a cathedral by King Henry Viii in 1541. It's difficult to say when the cathedral was completed as it was added to for centuries after it's founding. The tower - for example - was started in 1450. Gloucester Cathedral, or the Cathedral Church of St. Peter and the Holy and Indivisible Trinity - as it stands today - was started in 1089 by Robert de Losinga, Bishop of Hereford. Originally an abbey, it was refounded as a cathedral by King Henry Viii in 1541. It's difficult to say when the cathedral was completed as it was added to for centuries after it's founding. The tower - for example - was started in 1450. SONY DSC Gloucester was founded in AD 97 by Romans and was granted it's first charter in 1155 by King Henry II. It lies between the Cotswolds to the East, the Forest of Dean to the West and the Malvern Hills to the North. The Gloucester and Sharpness Canal (completed in 1817, at which point it was the deepest and broadest canal in the world) links Gloucester to the Severn Estuary. The Docks are now a public area containing shops and museums.
Image Name: gloucestershire_2012-06-04_14-09-52
Index Page:
File Name:gloucestershire_2012-06-04_14-09-52
Index PageEngland..Gloucester
Date2012-06-04 14:09:52
DescriptionGloucester Cathedral, or the Cathedral Church of St. Peter and the Holy and Indivisible Trinity - as it stands today - was started in 1089 by Robert de Losinga, Bishop of Hereford. Originally an abbey, it was refounded as a cathedral by King Henry Viii in 1541. It's difficult to say when the cathedral was completed as it was added to for centuries after it's founding. The tower - for example - was started in 1450.
CountyGloucestershire
CountryUnited Kingdom
CopyrightCopyright 2012 Kenvyn & Debbie Davies
Tags 2012 Building Buildings Cathedral City England Gloucester Gloucestershire June Month Outdoors Religion Sculpture Sony NEX-7 Statues Urban
CameraSony NEX-7
LensE 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS 
Focal Length33mm
Focal Length (35mm)50mm
Shutter Speed1/200
Aperturef/7.1
ISO Speed100

Image location