Gloucester, 2012

SONY DSC

SONY DSC
«Previous«
»Next»
Gloucester Cathedral, or the Cathedral Church of St. Peter and the Holy and Indivisible Trinity - as it stands today - was started in 1089 by Robert de Losinga, Bishop of Hereford. Originally an abbey, it was refounded as a cathedral by King Henry Viii in 1541. It's difficult to say when the cathedral was completed as it was added to for centuries after it's founding. The tower - for example - was started in 1450. SONY DSC Gloucester was founded in AD 97 by Romans and was granted it's first charter in 1155 by King Henry II. It lies between the Cotswolds to the East, the Forest of Dean to the West and the Malvern Hills to the North. The Gloucester and Sharpness Canal (completed in 1817, at which point it was the deepest and broadest canal in the world) links Gloucester to the Severn Estuary. The Docks are now a public area containing shops and museums. Gloucester was founded in AD 97 by Romans and was granted it's first charter in 1155 by King Henry II. It lies between the Cotswolds to the East, the Forest of Dean to the West and the Malvern Hills to the North. The Gloucester and Sharpness Canal (completed in 1817, at which point it was the deepest and broadest canal in the world) links Gloucester to the Severn Estuary. The Docks are now a public area containing shops and museums.
Image Name: gloucestershire_2012-06-04_14-17-35
Index Page:
File Name:gloucestershire_2012-06-04_14-17-35
Index PageEngland..Gloucester
Date2012-06-04 14:17:35
DescriptionSONY DSC
CountyGloucestershire
CountryUnited Kingdom
CopyrightCopyright 2012 Ken & Debbie Davies
Tags City Close-up England Flora Flowers Gloucester Outdoors Sony NEX-5
CameraSony NEX-5
LensE 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS 
Focal Length28mm
Focal Length (35mm)42mm
Shutter Speed1/125
Aperturef/6.3
ISO Speed200

Image location