|Index Page||Pembrokeshire..Strumble Head|
|Description||Strumble Head Lighthouse is built on Ynysmeicl (St. Michael's Island), an islet to the west of Fishguard, separated from the mainland by a very narrow gap.|
The station was built in 1908 by Trinity House for the greater safety of sea traffic between Ireland and Fishguard Harbour which is located behind cliffs and a breakwater three miles to the east. The new light also formed a link with the existing South Bishop light, 18 miles to the south-west. This stretch of coast is very dangerous, and some 60 vessels are known to have been lost along it in the 19th Century alone.
|Copyright||Copyright 2005 Ken Davies & Debbie Phillips|
|Tags||2004 Coast Cymru Landmark Lighthouse Nikon D2H Outdoors Pembrokeshire Sea Silhouette Skyline Strumble Head Sun Sunset Wales Wales/Cymru West Wales|
|Lens||24.0-85.0 mm f/2.8-4.0|
|Focal Length (35mm)||36mm|