Strumble Head



«Previous«
»Next»
Strumble Head Lighthouse is built on Ynysmeicl (St. Michael's Island), an islet to the west of Fishguard, separated from the mainland by a very narrow gap.<br/><br/>The station was built in 1908 by Trinity House for the greater safety of sea traffic between Ireland and Fishguard Harbour which is located behind cliffs and a breakwater three miles to the east. The new light also formed a link with the existing South Bishop light, 18 miles to the south-west. This stretch of coast is very dangerous, and some 60 vessels are known to have been lost along it in the 19th Century alone.
Image Name: strumble-head_2013-07-06_17-56-59-2
Index Page:
File Name:strumble-head_2013-07-06_17-56-59-2
Index PagePembrokeshire..Strumble Head
Date2013-07-06 17:56:59
Description
CountyPembrokeshire
CountryCymru/Wales
CopyrightCopyright 2013 Kenvyn & Debbie Davies
Tags 2013 Coast Cymru Fujifilm Fujifilm X100S North Pembrokeshire Outdoors Pembrokeshire Reflection Sea Strumble Head Wales Wales/Cymru West Wales
CameraFuji X100S
Lens 
Focal Length23mm
Focal Length (35mm)35mm
Shutter Speed1/850
Aperturef/13.0
ISO Speed200

Image location